1. Manipulating names to disrupt the children’s identification with the target parent.
2. Repeating false ideas until they are assumed to be true and are embedded in the children’s memory.
3. Selectively directing the children’s attention to negative aspects of the target parent while ignoring positive aspects.
4. Dropping the context of the target parent’s behavior.
5. Exaggerating the target parent’s negative behavior.
6. Telling lies about the target parent.
7. Revising history to erase positive memories of the target parent.
8. Claiming that the target parent has totally changed.
9. Suggestions that convey in a covert manner negative messages about the target parent.
10. Encouraging the children to exploit the target parent.
11. Projection of the alienating parent’s own thoughts, feeling, or behavior onto the target parent.
12. Rationalizations that hide the alienating parent’s real motives and make the target parent look bad.
13. Self-righteous tones intended to ward off careful scrutiny of the alienating parent’s reality distortions.
14. Denunciations cloaked in religious dogma.
15. Associating the label "the truth" with the alienating parent’s implanted scenarios.
16. Overindulging the children with excessive privileges, material possessions, and low expectations for responsible behavior to buy their allegiance.
17. Encroaching on the children’s time with the target parent and sabotaging their enjoyment of their special activities.
18. Instructing the children to keep secrets from, spy on, and lie to the target parent.
19. Conspiring with others to reinforce the programming.
20. Programming the children to resist attempts to undo their indoctrination.
I am so amazed that parents can act in this manner. See the blog post below to see the long term detriment that this causes to children.
Click here for Dr. Warshak's website.